12 Mar 2012

Festival Season

I thought it would be appropriate to kick start my blog by writing about the festivals that are coming up this summer.I haven't written anything in ages and I feel like I've been neglecting my poor blog!

So, festival season. Something that strikes fear, excitment, jealousy and anxiety in me year after year.
I must admit, I have only been to one festival,.. well technically two.

Last year I went to Leeds Festival with one of my best friends Lydia. I'm still wearing my bands like a badge of honour.

It was indescribably amazing, which probably isn't great for a blog!

I think I'll make a reflective blog later on tonight about my experience from last year.

I also went to a little known Cumbrian festival in 2009 called Cockrock (based in the town of Cockermouth).

It was good fun and more about the experience than the line up, which mostly consisted of bands that I was friends with or other various local bands. The main draw was that The Holloways were headlining one night (famed for the "I can get a record player and a generator..." song).

So my festival experiences are limited, and I think this is mainly down to me not being able to make a decision! Year after year I dither over each line up; which one is worth the money, the best dates to go, who will go with me, etc...

So to follow, I will be writing a mini blog on some of the biggest UK festivals that have caught my eye this year.

Starting with Sonisphere who, to be honest, have impressed me by announcing Queen and Adam Lambert are headlining Saturday night! There's been a lot of backlash, but I am all for it!

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading it!