2 Oct 2011

Korn inject a bit of Dub

Korn have never particularly appealed to me, but I found it intriguing when I found out they were to release a dub step album. Seeing them as more of an alternative metal band I wondered if it truly could work as a concept. 
  On Friday, NME tweeted about the release of the new video of the single, 'Get Up'. You can watch it here
  I think it shows the band evolving and moving along with what the music industry is turning into. Dubstep is the newest trend and it would be a little stupid if a band didn't go with the movement. I don't feel that it is a sign of the band selling out. 'Get Up' is not dubstep in the strongest sense, it's still Korn, with a thorough dose of 'dub'. Unsurprisingly, the track was produced by 'dub-master' and ex-From First To Last singer Skrillex (Sonny Moore). 
  I can imagine this song being quite a success amongst fans. Let me know what you think


C x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading it!